He was the first man to love you and care for you unconditionally - Dad, Daddy-O, Pops, Old Man, no matter what you call him, he holds a special place your heart. He’s watched you grow into the beautiful woman you are today and has supported you over the years through all of life’s major milestones.
As he’s looking at you on your wedding day, he’s not only seeing the strong young woman standing before him, he’s also seeing that little girl who used to lean on him for support. Now, you’ll have a new person in your life to love and lean on through all of life’s challenges. This can be a really difficult day for some dads because they feel like they are letting go of that little girl for good.
To show your dad just how much you mean to him, share a special moment during your wedding by having a father daughter dance. We picked 10 of our favorites to share with you:
1. Butterfly Kisses – Bob Carlisle
2. Daddy’s Little Girl – Michael Buble
3. Father and Daughter – Paul Simon
4. Daughters – John Mayer
5. I Loved Her First – Heartland
6. Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
7. It Won’t Be Like This For Long – Darius Rucker
8. My Girl – The Temptations
9. My Wish – Rascal Flatts
10. Today I Give My Daughter Away – Dale Watson & His Long Stars
Ultimately, choose a song that symbolizes your relationship with your dad. Genre of music, rhythm, and the lyrics all play a huge role in this moment; so make sure it’s an accurate representation of you and your old man!